As with any other surgery, Lasik has risks. It is important that patients looking to undergo LASIK surgery understand the associated risks before deciding to have laser eye surgery.
Before undergoing a refractive procedure, you should carefully weigh Lasik risks and benefits based on your own personal value system, and try to avoid being influenced by friends that have had the procedure or doctors encouraging you to do so.
• Although very rare, there is always a small chance of loss of best corrected vision. This means that some patients could potentially lose lines of vision that will not be able to be corrected, even by undergoing additional surgery or by using corrective lenses.
• Although uncommon, some patients may develop visual symptoms such as halos, double vision and other serious visual disturbances occurring after LASIK. Those conditions can seriously affect the quality of the vision. Such symptoms may either be present at all times or only under certain conditions such as in low lighting.
• There is also a potential for conditions that are easier to treat or can be readily treated in most cases. Undercorrection or overcorrection are two of such conditions. Not every patient has 20/20 vision after surgery. There is chance that you may still need corrective lenses after surgery to correct your vision for conditions which cannot be corrected with surgery.
• Rarely some patients may develop severe dry eye syndrome. Temporary dry eye is a more common side effect of LASIK surgery and may require you to use eye drops regularly after surgery to keep your eyes comfortable and preserve visual quality.
• Sometimes for some patients with very high prescriptions, the results may diminish with time, requiring further enhancement procedures. Also, just as with normal vision, patients will experience a degradation in near vision over time as they age. Lasik does not prevent the natural aging of the patients lens which leads to degradation of near vision with age.
And, of course, any type of eye surgery, as in any other types of surgeries, has an associated risk of infection, and other complications that can result in reduced vision.
To discuss all the other laser risks and benefits of Lasik procedure as well as Lasik Cost, please see your ophthalmologist and make sure to ask questions.
San Diego Lasik center Global Laser Vision, established in June of the year 2000 specializes in providing the latest in Laser vision correction technology to San Diego County and surrounding district residents. Dr. Yaghouti, who is the Global Laser Vision's Principal ophthalmologist and refractive surgeon, has been in practice since 1997. He is a board certified refractive surgeon and a cornea and laser vision correction specialist ophthalmologist from Harvard Medical School, putting him at the top one percent of all laser vision correction specialists nationwide. For more information about this topic, please visit http://www.globallaservision.com.
Compared to traditional teas - green, black, white, red - herbal teas are not as popular. And in vain! After drinks with the addition of berries, leaves and grasses have a marked therapeutic effect. More >>
With increase in competition, it has really become tough for the new companies to enter into the current market. Even if they manage to enter into the business, most of the companies do not possess the required resources to sustain their business. More >>
At the Dana Point spa that is situated along the awe-inspiring Orange County coastline, the customers are excited and enthused by the pleasant environment thanks to the ocean. More >>
There are different types of synthetic fibers used to make hair extensions. This article talks about the four common kinds of fiber. More >>
The popularity of micro loop extension can be attributed to many benefits it offers. More >>